Position No. – 99997
Duty Position: Assistant Public Affairs Officer– A6PAO
Application Opening Date: 16
Application Closing Date: 16
Reports to: Director
of Public Affiars
Duty Location: FLWG
Reviewing Official: A6,
Chief of Staff
Who May Apply: ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS who are current
active Florida Wing Members of the Civil Air Patrol. If you don’t meet the
requirements stated below, you may still apply, and be considered.
Position: Assistant Public Affairs Officer, FLWG
for assisting in developing and maintaining the wing's media outreach and
internal information and marketing initiatives
for emergency communications, Internet content and social media, and training for
public affairs specialists and public information officers.
to conduct interviews
to assist in Web design, public relations
· This position will be filled by a Senior Member
assigned to SER-FL-001.
2nd-in-charge of directorate, responsible for:
• Assisting the Director in achieving stated objectives;
• Maintaining a broad-level view of all activities within the directorate;
• Overseeing wing online news feed, including supervision of online news feed
• Maintaining a level of readiness to assume the position of Director should
the need arise;
• Various tasks as assigned by supervisor.
1. Must be enrolled in the PA Specialty Track.
2. Should be familiar with the Civil Air Patrol
Constitution and Bylaws, all CAP governing
directives and all policy matters affecting their command.
3. Computer skills in using Microsoft Power Point,
1. Technician or higher rating in Public Affairs
2. Two years’ experience in PA at the unit level
3. Experience with photography, Facebook, Power Point
4. Experience in marketing,
sales, social media, Web design, public relations and writing/editing
Applicants must submit the following documents by the application closing date:
letter, signed, dated and annotated with job number and title.
• Civil Air
Applications may be sent via email to: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
Applicant screening will be done without regard to race,
gender, age, color, religion, national origin or disability.
Applicants may be asked for a personal or telephonic
interview. Upon notification, a mutually convenient time and place will be
arranged. Inquiries concerning specific aspects of the duty position should be
directed to the Reviewing Official.
Selection criteria are based on Civil Air Patrol training,
experience, and participation, as well as, civilian education and experience
related to the position.
NOTE: Include the Job Number and Job Title on your
application. Incomplete applications may not be returned or acknowledged